My name is Matthew. I’m the youngest of three brothers, I happen to be Ambidextrous which allows me to draw, write, and eat right handed but I play the majority of sports with my left hand, a faithful friend, Ambassador to Austin, Rockin’ Realtor, devoted son, energetic entrepreneur, fitness fanatic, loyal brother, buff blogger, proud poppa to my dog Maximus, marketing maverick, passionate person, art aficionado, football fan to the UT Longhorns & Washington Redskins, Apple advocate, grill master, lover of life, golf geek, world wanderer, music & movie lover, environmental enthusiast, talented tennis player, book scholar, and overall cool dude. Oh all most forgot …. I always eat my steaks medium rare.
I grew up in the beautiful mountains of the Shenandoah Valley in a small town called Harrisonburg. The sleepy small town is located in Virginia, is home of James Madison University and some other small schools. A short two hour car ride to Washington D.C. our capital or forty-five minutes over the mountain you will be at Thomas Jefferson’s home Monticello near Charlottesville, Va. and the University of Virginia. I was raised in a family where I was the youngest of three boys. My father was a lawyer and had his own firm while my mother was a school teacher and local volunteer. I attended school back in my home town at a small community college and James Madison University.
Fate would have it I was introduced to beautiful Austin, TX in the fall of 1999 by a fellow business partner at that time. After experiencing Austin over a long weekend I knew this was my new home and the start of a new and exciting adventure. In just three short months I had my bags packed and started out on a new life in Austin. I’ve called this lovely place home for over 10 years now which has allowed me to know this city like the back of my hand and has earned me the official title: Austinite.
I bring lots of passion to the real estate process from start to finish. Having had sales experience since my first lemonade stand to being a young adult earning six figure awards and honors in sales and leadership has earned me the ability to negotiate with the best of them. Possessing strong negotiating skills allows me to empower my clients to get the best priced deals possible. Being part nerd, I stay up on the Austin real estate market reports, financial news, to help my clients make sense of it all. I get a kick out of helping my clients make intelligent financial decisions by getting rockin’ great deals on real estate. I also sold homes for a nation-wide new home builder and excelled in that arena for over three years. My experience in new home sales gives my clients a clear advantage if they prefer to go the new construction route over resale. I’ve called all of Austin home from the beautiful hill country and lake lifestyle down to the hustle and bustle of the urban live music scene, making me well equipped to help you find your next dream home. I’ve sold homes as far south as Buda, east to Manor, north to Round Rock, and far west as Dripping Springs and Lakeway.
Let me help you make your Austin Dream Home a Reality!
Sold Homes for a Nation Wide Builder as a sales consultant: 2006-2009
- Achieved Sales Consultant of the Month 2 times in ‘08 for the Austin Division
- Achieved my Summer & Fall Bonus Bench Marks in ‘08
- Successfully Sold & Closed out the Community of Belhaven in ‘08
- Top 15% in Production/Sales for the Austin Division ‘08
- Was a part of the Leadership Team that developed marketing ideas to open up the new community of Taylor Estates
Silver Executive Sales Director and Six-Figure Commission Earner for Pre-Paid Legal Sevices: 2002-2003
- Was a part of the independent Executive Sales Director team that helped to raise membership fee production by 18% from 2001 to 2002 from $193.8 million to $229.1 million
- Membership fees for the entire Company totaled $246.1 million during 2003 compared to $229.1 million for 2002, an increase of 7%
- Achieved Silver Executive Director Honor and Six-Figure Commission Earner in 2003
- Achieved top 10 State Individual Sales Production 6 months in ‘03
- Achieved top 10 national recruiting production for 3 months in ‘03
- Help start two successful call-centers in Austin, TX that achieved Executive Director status in sales production and National Honors.
- A part of the Platinum Now Leadership Council
- Led Training & Motivational conference calls of 500+ associates at the height of our success
HONORS IN SPORTS:
I very much enjoyed competitive sports and I lettered in Varsity Golf and Tennis all four years at Harrisonburg High School.
- In 1995, the Varsity Golf Team finished in 4th place in State AA Championships
- In 1996, the Varsity Golf Team finished in 2nd place in State AA Championships
- In 1997, the Varsity Golf Team won the State AA Championships
- I made All-District Team in 1996
- All-District and All-Regional Team in 1997
- Was a Co-Captain of our the 1997 Varsity Golf Team.
- Varsity Tennis, I played the Number One position on the team in 1996 and 1997,
- Made the All-District Team in 1997.
December 2008 Texas State University San Marcos, TX
Completed my Real Estate License Course-Work: 210 hours
Spring 2004 Graduate Dale Carnegie Course Austin, TX
Effective Communications & Human Relations: 42 hours
Fall 1997-Spring 1999 Blue Ridge Community College Weyers Cave, Virginia
General college coursework completed.
June, 1997 Graduate Harrisonburg High School Harrisonburg, Virginia